How to grab an employer’s eye with a killer CV!
Let me guess – you’re not reading this blog on CV’s because you really want to, but because you have to? Let’s face it, even though CV’s are incredibly important they have to rank up there on the boredom scale along with party political broadcasts. I shall try to make this blog interesting, but even if I don’t, it will be far more useful than watching any party political broadcast!
To get started I need to find out a bit of information about you. Read the two descriptions below and decide which of them you fall into.
- I have a seamless work history with no or very few gaps.
- I’ve got some impressive job titles to show off.
- I can show off names of prestigious employers.
- I want to change jobs but also want to remain in the same sector or the same sort of role.
- My work history is patchy or has one or two gaps on it that I want to hide.
- I have experienced a long period of unemployment that you want to take an employer’s eye off!
- I have done lots of job-hopping or changes in career direction that I want to disguise.
- I want to start a new career or enter the job market but have little relevant experience.