Career coaching in Kingston
If you’re looking for career coaching in the Royal London Borough of Kingston then you’ve come to the right place. Career guidance and counselling can be a really great move if you’ve recently lost your job, are about to face redundancy or you no longer find fulfilment in your present career, and need help finding a new career path.
Maybe you feel trapped and have experienced some sort of discrimination, or you need to find creative solutions to make up for a lack of relevant skills and experience?
Whatever your career frustration, Want2get on? Career Coaching can give you the help you’re looking for.
A career counselling service for Kingston
Want2get on? is a unique Christian-based careers counselling service in Kingston for those who want to draw their Christian faith into their career planning and their life direction and require one to one career counselling support for choosing a new career or to discover their life’s calling.
However, whether you have a faith or no faith, I can help you to set your feet firmly on a fresh and exciting career path.
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. – C.S. Lewis
The bible tells us that God has given us everything we need to perform His will (Hebrews 13:20-21), He will always call you to something for which He has placed inside of you the potential skills, personality and other useful attributes.
View my career coaching packages
Don’t forget to view this one to one career counselling as an investment in your future. Remind yourself that you are genuinely somebody who is worth investing in!
How I can develop your career plans
I am a qualified career consultant with over 17 years’ experience of helping people practically and spiritually in the process of choosing a new career:
- Discover your calling in life or how to develop your career direction
- Make the practical steps to securing a job, e.g. write a winning CV, refine a job search or create a great job interview pitch
Career planning topics that we could cover
Your career counselling would cover a range of topics covering all aspects of career planning. I would ensure that you experience a sense of progressing at a “healthy” speed through a range career-related topics, which are not limited to the following:
- Career exploration. I will help you to explore yourself, in terms of your skills, character strengths, personality, motivations and a few other factors and see which list of career choices offer you a good match.
If you have a Christian belief (not essential in using the service) we can explore God’s promises for your life concerning your calling.
- Job search advice. This will involve job hunting advice that will get you in front of an employer as soon as possible.
- Job interview techniques. Many of us may be more-than-slightly-rusty at the dreaded-job interview. You will have the opportunity to “enjoy” role-play job interview practice and receive coach feedback on your responses during mock interview practice.
- Marketing yourself to an employer, including CV writing & creating a persuasive cover letter, completing job applications and writing a personal statement, developing your social media profile that will drive interest in your direction (including LinkedIn
- Gaining an understanding of the labour market. We shall examine what the demand is like for certain professions, job entry requirements, location of jobs and other labour market info’ factors.
- Overcoming “insurmountable” barriers to work. Each of us faces different employment challenges, some of which may include an inability to obtain employer references, physical or mental illness, lack of qualifications and finance or other personal circumstances.
Linked In Testimonials
Don’t just take my word for it. Please take a few moment to check out some of the testimonials I’ve received from my clients:
“Charles has been a great guide to help me ride the storm of a career rut. Through a combination of exploring my career ambitions and being conscious of my spiritual season, I was able to make positive steps. I am pleased to say that I have found a new opportunity that fits well with my career ambitions and as a Christian, I have found that my relationship with God has strengthened.”
– Courtney Russell Principal Consultant – EU at ProClinical
“Charles’s direction and guidance has been and continues to be invaluable to me in formulating the future direction of my career and, indirectly but related, to my life in general.
Your highly professional approach and extensive subject matter knowledge has given me renewed confidence that my experience within the Armed Forces can be successfully transferred into civilian life. I had little idea of where I was heading after 24 years in the RAF but your intelligent approach and direction gave me the knowledge and assurance to make some important decisions relating to my future.
It was so refreshing to have somebody whose faith plays such a large part in their daily business”. – Graham Orange
“Charles has a wealth of knowledge and ideas in his fields of expertise. He does not make snap decisions or recommendations and is a great listener which I feel is intensely important. Together with his passion and humility, he makes time to digest various aspects of my strands of thinking, personality, skills, goals and aspirations to fully understand my own character and objectives as well as my personal commitments which he always factors into his thinking and our discussions.
Thanks very much Charles! Hugely appreciate your help, direction and guidance.”
– Saroop Rooprai
View more testimonials here